As you look back to your 2009 self, you probably couldn’t have predicted all of the experiences and accomplishments you have had up until now.
We are always reaching for what’s next and rarely reflect on what we have accomplished and challenges we overcame.
Learn how to do a review of your last decade to understand yourself, what you’ve learned, and how to use it to chart a course for your future.
7 Questions for your Decade Review:
- What did you accomplish or experience in the last 10 years? Proud moments, obstacles you overcame and career highlights.
- Circle the moments that are the most meaningful and valuable to you. No limit, just circle some of them that stand out.
- For each moment you circled as meaningful or valuable to you, write down why this was important or meaningful to you.
- Write down what you learned over the last 10 years by writing a letter to your past self in 2009.
- As you consider looking ahead, what do you want to let go of? What habits beliefs or thoughts do you want to stop?
- Write a letter to your 2030 self. What do you want to accomplish over the next 10 years?
- Write down one career goal you want to accomplish in 2020 that will help you get to the vision you have of your 2030 self.
Be proud of all that you’ve done, all that you have been through. Use your learnings to build an amazing new decade of joy, abundance and growth.